- Non-finite verb, a verb form that functions both as a verb and as another lexical category.
- A word or group of words that functions as a verb by serving as the head of a verb phrase. (In some languages, adjectives are verbals.)
- Pertaining to language or the use of words in general (be it spoken or written) as opposed to non-verbal expression, or to spoken words in particular (although, this is usually a common misuse where "oral" is the correct term, e.g. "oral" v. "written" contract -- rather than "verbal" v. "written"). Examples:
- Verbal abuse
- Verbal aggressiveness
- Verbal arithmetic
- Roger "Verbal" Kint, a major character in the 1995 film The Usual Suspects.
- Verbal (rapper), a Japanese rapper and music producer, and member of M-Flo, Mic Banditz and Teriyaki Boyz
- Other uses
- Verbal Arts Centre, Northern Ireland; the publisher of Verbal magazine
- Verbal Behavior, a book by B. F. Skinner
- Verbal Remixes & Collaborations, an EP album by Amon Tobin
Intro See also Kenneth Beril
|PREVIOUS: Intro||NEXT: See also|