Actions

::Spalding Gentlemen's Society

::concepts

Society::spalding    Editor::category    Society::title    Stukeley::gordon    -last::newton    William::-first

{{#invoke:Hatnote|hatnote}} The Spalding Gentlemen's Society (or "The Gentlemen's Club at Spalding"), a learned society of the United Kingdom, was founded in 1710 by Maurice Johnson, (1688–1755), of Ayscoughfee Hall, Spalding, Lincolnshire, England, and is still active.

The Society's museum on Broad Street, Spalding opened in 1911 with additions in 1925 and again in 1960.<ref>http://www.spalding-gentlemens-society.org/the_museum_building.html</ref> The carved panels on the exterior were the work of Jules Tuerlinckx of Malines, a Belgian refugee during the First World War.


Spalding Gentlemen's Society sections
Intro  History  Notable members  References  Further reading  External links  

PREVIOUS: IntroNEXT: History
<<>>