It differs from a local database, held in an individual computer or its attached storage, such as a CD.
- For the system or software designed to Currently, there are several database products designed specifically as hosted databases delivered as software as a service products. These differ from typical traditional databases such as Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Sybase, etc. Some of the differences are:
- These online databases are delivered primarily via a web browser
- They are often purchased by a monthly subscription
- They embed common collaboration features such as sharing, email notifications, etc.
For information on the contents of specific types of database, see
- Bibliographic databases
- Customer relationship management
To learn about generic online databases that can be used by any software application, see Cloud database.
Online database sections
Intro See also References
|PREVIOUS: Intro||NEXT: See also|