Baltimore Canton/S.C./Americans::Baltimore Americans
American::league Category::maryland Soccer::season Soccer::first After::''did Bgcolor::clubs
Baltimore Canton/S.C./Americans The Baltimore Canton was an American soccer club based in Baltimore, Maryland that is a former member of the American Soccer League.
The team began in 1917 under the name of the True American Club. They were the first uniformed boys' team in the state and won the junior state title in the 1920–21 season. A year later they changed their affiliation to Canton. Before the 1936/37 season, the club became known as Baltimore S.C.'. After the 1941/42 season, the first Baltimore Americans folded (see below) so Baltimore S.C. took the name, Baltimore Americans, for themselves.
The Americans won the Lewis Cup in 1947.
|Year||Division||League||Reg. Season||Playoffs||National Cup|
|1936/37||N/A||ASL||2nd, American||1st Round||?|
|1937/38||N/A||ASL||4th, American||Did not qualify||?|
|1938/39||N/A||ASL||5th, American||Did not qualify||?|
|1945/46||N/A||ASL||1st||Champion (no playoff)||?|
|1948/49||N/A||ASL||Withdrew after 3 games||N/A||N/A|
Baltimore Americans sections
Intro Baltimore Canton/S.C./Americans Baltimore German/Americans
|PREVIOUS: Intro||NEXT: Baltimore German/Americans|