Aqqur was a Palestinian Arab hamlet in the Jerusalem Subdistrict. It was depopulated during the 1948 Arab-Israeli War on July 13, 1948 under Operation Dani. It was located 14.5 km west of Jerusalem on the Wadi Isma'il, a tributary of the Wadi al-Sarar.
A British anthropologist, writing in 1932, reported that there was a group of Sidr trees north east of the village believed to be protected by spirits.<ref>Crowfoot, M. Grace with Louise Baldenserger (1932) From Cedar to Hyssop. A study in the Folklore of Plants in Palestine. The Sheldon Press, London. p.112</ref>
In 1945, it had a population of 40. 'Aqqur had a maqam for a local sage known as al-Shaykh Ahmad Sulayman.
Intro References External links
|PREVIOUS: Intro||NEXT: References|