Births::1940 in science
- April 1 – Wangari Muta Mary Jo Maathai (died 2011), Kenyan biologist and winner of the Nobel Peace Prize.
- June 5 – Dickson Despommier microbiologist, ecologist and Professor of Public Health in Environmental Health Sciences at Columbia University.
- June 22 – Daniel Quillen (died 2011), American mathematician.
- September 26 – Louise Johnson (died 2012), British biochemist and protein crystallographer.
- November 20 – Arieh Warshel, Israeli-born winner of the Nobel Prize in Chemistry.
- November 26 – Enrico Bombieri, Italian-born mathematician.
- Judith Pipher, American astrophysicist.
1940 in science sections
Intro Biochemistry Biology Chemistry Computer science Exploration Medicine Physics Technology Other events Births Deaths References
|PREVIOUS: Other events||NEXT: Deaths|