Events::1886 in Canada
- March 25 - Workman's Compensation Act passed in Ontario
- April 6 - Vancouver incorporated as a city
- April 26 - New Brunswick general election, 1886
- June 6 - The Parliament buildings open in Ottawa
- June 7 - Elzéar-Alexandre Taschereau becomes the first Canadian cardinal
- June 8 to 15 - Nova Scotia general election, 1886: William Stevens Fielding's Liberals win a third consecutive majority.
- June 13 - Great Vancouver Fire
- June 30 - Prince Edward Island general election, 1886: William Wilfred Sullivan Conservatives win a fifth consecutive majority.
- July 20 - British Columbia general election, 1886
- October 14 - Quebec general election, 1886: Honoré Mercier's Liberals win a majority
- December 9 - Manitoba general election, 1886
- December 14 - Yoho National Park established
- December 28 - Ontario general election, 1886: Sir Oliver Mowat's Liberals win a fifth consecutive majority.
Full date unknown
- Mohawk men of the Caughnawaga Reserve in Quebec are trained to help build a bridge across the St. Lawrence River, beginning a tradition of high steel construction work among the Iroquois.
- Construction begins on the Banff Springs Hotel
1886 in Canada sections
Intro Incumbents Events Births Deaths
|PREVIOUS: Incumbents||NEXT: Births|